Friday 30 October 2009

Live From New York - It's Saturday Night Live...Vs Spider Man!

Yoinks! What's cooler than one cool thing? Why sir, that'd be: two cool things. And what's cooler than two cool things? Howabout two things that are already cool coming together to make a third even cooler thing! And to prove this equation, here's this exceptionally cool edition of Marvel Team Up from 1978, featuring Spiderman...and the cast of Saturday Night Live! That'd be the classic 'Not Ready For Prime Time Players' line up - Belushi, Chase, Ackroyd et al. Just ordered it from ebay for £2...a bone fide bargain for a fun piece of gen-u-ine Americana, albeit one that I'll read once, and then leave on a shelf slowly disappearing under a pile whatever other pointless crap I buy subsequently from ebay. With great buying power comes great irresponsibility.

2 comments:

Helena said...

I have a first edition of a Marvel annual thingy from the 60's that I let my kid scribble on when he was a baby. My husband was more upset about that than my other kid stomping on his Duran Duran compliation CD. All not on purpose. I know which one would have been the bigger seller on ebay today!

Paul 'Fuzz' Lowman said...

I sold 90% of my Star Wars toys collection when I was about 13, just hawked 'em at a local christmas jumble sale for about 50 pence a pop or something...biggest regret of my life! Musta had 100s of £s worth of stuff...but I guess I thought I'd out grown them. By the time I was 17/18 I realised what an idiot Id been. I'd love to have them all now.