Tuesday 7 April 2009

Glam Rock Revivalism

For the first time in my whole life, I'm going through a bit of a Glam period. Not wearing stack-heeled silver space boots, glitter eye shadow, or Bowie/Eno-ish mullets yet, but heavily digging into T-Rex's back cat after chancing upon the mind-blowing bongos/acid rock guitar/sirens insanity of 'Calling All Destroyers' (1976) on some old Mojo magazine comp, and hearing Bowie's awesome 'Moonage Daydream' (1971) twice in one week on Radio 2. Never quite got Bowie to be honest, infact still don't really, and it will shock many to learn I'd never heard this song in my life before last week, but...yeah, great song, and I've been inspired to put a bit more effort into my Bowie education. Kinda remember a cool looking glitter-rock Nuggets type comp coming out a few years ago collecting together the some of the scene's less-appreciated acts...but I'm struggling to recall what it was called, and Google ain't helping. Any ideas?

No comments: